DTC 355 Response 1

When thinking about how to create my self portrait, the biggest challenge I had was figuring out a way to incorporate all of the required elements in a meaningful but aesthetically pleasing way. What I have come up with so far is to place the pictures of examples of my "digital self" over the image of myself as some kind of mask or blindfold, and apply an effect to it to make it look torn or fragmented. I also plan on using the selection tools to outline and create a silhouette of myself and layer in the concepts that are important to me within the space. Some of the things I still need to think about are what kind of color scheme if any I want to use, as well as how to implement the pictures in a way that looks balanced and not too crowded.
When I googled my name I came up with few results so I thought it would be fun to create the image of someone with a minimal online presence so I want to include pictures that highlight that. I think using the images as a mask can send the message that your digital presence is not necessarily the kind of person you are in real life.
For the rest of the pictures I want to find images related to the things I am passionate about including photography, nature and art. I will probably include my own images as well as work from my favorite artists.

Comments

  1. Hey Carson I really enjoyed reading about your process and how this assignment impacted you. I especially enjoyed how you used your digital self over your real self for your self portrait. I thought that was an interesting concept. I also did not find too many results using my name.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rush 212-232 Response

From the Origins of Interactive Art Response

Code of Best Practices Response