This is a super fun idea! I can't wait to see how it turns out! Are you considering adding any kind of "costumes" to differentiate between "characters"?
I think this idea really works as a project, and its also smart because you could theoretically do this yourself. I mentioned this on someone else's storyboard, but I also think you could push your story further with lighting. Along with the spotlights on the characters, Phantom of the Opera (and other Broadway shows) use different colors of light to push the mood of the scene.
Great idea! I think this is a great and unique storyboard idea. I would agree with Taylor that costumes would help make the characters easy to identify. You could even consider adding music from the show to make your theme clearer. I can't wait to see it complete!
When reading this section I thought about whether artists like Marcel Duchamp or Joseph Beuys would have garnered so much acclaim or been so influential if they had created their art at any other time. It seems to me that their art hit some kind of cultural sweet spot to be able to start a movement and inspire so many others at the time. I think this phenomenon is so interesting to me because it's almost as if the physical art is less important than the timing of the art, and the cultural implications thereof. I also think that this explains why it it so difficult for many people today to appreciate or understand this kind of art, and why its often met with dismissal or ridicule. I also noticed in the reading many examples of hypermediacy, such as John Cage's musical compositions, that included sounds such as pounding on the wood of a piano, making the listener aware of the medium. (P. 24) This focus on the medium seems highly prevalent in fluxus art, especially in the case ...
The idea of having an online identity is something I've thought about a lot. Like the author, when I first started using social media I only used my real name and was relatively careless about what I put online or whether my profile was public. However as time has gone on I have become less inclined to use social media at all, due in part to stories we hear in the news about people losing their jobs due to posts on their social media. I've never tried to be offensive or objectionable online but oftentimes people don't realize that their posts might be misconstrued to mean something they didn't originally intend. The biggest factor for me was thinking about how potential employers could easily find my name online and possibly find a reason to not hire me. Because of all this I have taken steps in the past to 'preen' my social media presence as well as remove my full name from much of it. I also completely agree with the author's sentiment that anonymity onl...
The idea of “cyborg art” was absolutely fascinating to me and brings up many questions about today’s society and the way it is headed. With our continued reliance on technology, it makes you wonder how long it will be until we start to foray into making ourselves cyborgs of sorts. I recently saw an article about Neil Harbisson, a man born with colorblindness that surgically implanted an electronic eye in his head that allows him to ‘hear’ colors. I thought this was incredible, and after watching shows like Black Mirror that speculate on this subject, I wouldn’t be surprised if we start using cybernetic implants for medical or just everyday purposes. I also wonder how people might react to this and the questions it raises about ethics and humanity. If you were able to safely get an implant in your eye that allowed you to use it as some kind augmented reality lens, would you? I was also surprised by the influence that performance art and happenings were able to have on future int...
This is a super fun idea! I can't wait to see how it turns out! Are you considering adding any kind of "costumes" to differentiate between "characters"?
ReplyDeleteI think this idea really works as a project, and its also smart because you could theoretically do this yourself. I mentioned this on someone else's storyboard, but I also think you could push your story further with lighting. Along with the spotlights on the characters, Phantom of the Opera (and other Broadway shows) use different colors of light to push the mood of the scene.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Great idea! I think this is a great and unique storyboard idea. I would agree with Taylor that costumes would help make the characters easy to identify. You could even consider adding music from the show to make your theme clearer. I can't wait to see it complete!
ReplyDelete